The market for giftware is expanding and can boast a total volume of € 10.4 billion. With a 33 percent share, the main segment of this market is held by home and table accessories. This huge market potential is confirmed by the new ‘Giftware’ report compiled by IFH Retail Consultants, which the IFH Köln (Institut für Handelsforschung), and Messe Frankfurt presented in Frankfurt am Main today.
The giftware market is extremely heterogeneous. Second place after home and table accessories is held by the wellness and cosmetics segment with a 23 percent share of the market. However, not every gift purchased is also given as a present – in 2011, giftware worth up to € 6.2 billion was purchased as presents, i.e., around 60 percent of the total market. The remaining 40 percent were purchased for the buyers’ own use.
The ‘Giftware’ report by IFH Retail Consultants also contains information about the market volume and potential of the individual giftware segments for trade and industry, as well as about the challenges facing the retail trade, the various sales channels, the on-going process of structural change and consumer behaviour.
You can order your personal ‘Giftware’ report directly on the IFH homepage. They sell the report to Tendence visitors and exhibitors at a special price of 950 €. For the discount please enter the promotion code Tendence2012 at the end of your order process.
Please order here (only german version available).